Friday, May 28, 2010

Overweight Does NOT Always = Lazy & Ugly.

"Oh my god, look at her; she is so ugly!"
"Why do you think that? She's got beautiful blue eyes and long, soft blonde hair. What's so ugly about that?"
"Look at how big she is!"
"Um, so she's a little overweight? She isn't UGLY."

Sure, some people may not consider overweight beautiful, but I'm talking hair, facial features, nails, skin, and teeth. They may not have a nice body, but they have very pretty faces and take good care of themselves. I mean, how many of you have seen an ugly skinny person? I know I have. They may have society's definition of a good body, but maybe they have greasy hair and acne all over their face.

How about people that think all overweight people are just lazy? Yes, some of them really are lazy and don't care about themselves and I know that. But how about those overweight people that are overweight because of a medical issue or just have those overweight genes running through their bodies? No matter how hard they exercise or no matter what they eat, they either stay the same or keep gaining weight. Not all overweight people are fat because they just sit on their ass all day and eat everything in sight.

For example, I'm overweight- but I take good care of myself (besides my bad habit of biting my nails). I don't consider myself "ugly" but I know that I'm not the prettiest girl around. I also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which has caused me to gain over 100 pounds in the past. On top of that, many people in my family are overweight. They always were. People in my family have never been "skinny." My highest weight was 251.8 lbs and I am currently 228.2 lbs. I eat very healthy, no more than 1500 calories a day, and I exercise most days of the week. Yet, I seem to be stuck at my current weight. I cannot tell you how many times people have taken one look at me and have assumed I'm just some overweight girl who has one day decided to not take care of myself and eat whatever is in sight. I hate being stereotyped like that, just because I am overweight.

Again, I am not saying all overweight people did not put themselves there, because a lot of them have by not exercising and eating right. But what I AM saying, is that the next time you look at someone who is overweight, don't jump to conclusions. Maybe they DO have a medical condition or just have overweight genes. Not every overweight person eats McDonald's every day and sits in front of the TV constantly.


beauty comes in all shapes and sizes beauty

0 comments:

Post a Comment