Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wicca Feels Right.

I was brought up Catholic. It never clicked with me. It was being forced down my throat. I never enjoyed reading about it or going to church. I was always just so disgusted with the cruelty and discrimination that the priests, preachers and bible taught. It always made me angry and uncomfortable. I was for a lot of things they were against. It never fit. When I talked to my parents about not going to CCD anymore, my parents said no I had to go. Even when I told them I didn't believe in the stuff they were teaching and how I thought it was wrong, they said they were my parents and got to choose my religion. So I had to sit and listen to the bullshit. As soon as I made my confirmation, I never once set my foot in that church again.

The past few days I've been doing tons of research on the internet and reading books about Wicca. I really think it's the right religion for me. I started studying it my freshman year of high school, but I got sidetracked for years. I've always been into it and connected with it, but I actually have absolutely nothing going on in my life now, so I've had time to sit down and really study it thoroughly. I agree with all of it. Wicca is definitely for me. It makes me feel peaceful.

Practicing Wicca won't be hard for me. Everything I'm studying seems to be coming natural to me and just fits. It's getting the supplies that will the tough part. I don't have a job, so I don't have money. Any money. I'm as broke as they come. I know my mother will buy them for me for my birthday or Christmas or something like that. She is supportive of me, no matter what, but I feel bad asking her for money, every time I do. She's knows I'd be thankful though. Down side, is my birthday isn't until October and I feel really bad asking her for them out of the blue. I mean I have lots of incense & a burner for it, some rose oil, and some herbs. I mean, that's fine, but I still need the basic altar tools- an athame, a cauldron, candles, a pentagram tile, a chalice, a boline, a wand, and a table I can use as an altar!

So perhaps, I'll just really study and get to know the Craft really well until I can get the tools. People have studied this for years before they started practicing. I read a bunch on it about 4 years ago. Yes, that information has stuck, but I've learned lots more these past few days. I would know to make my own spells and everything with reference guidance, which I would put in my Book of Shadows. The learning never stops with Wicca.


2 comments:

CousinLinda said...

I know it's not a popular view right now, but I can't imagine that witches who lived during the burning times didn't disguise their tools by using them as common kitchen utensils. As long as you're careful not to put anything poisonous in your cooking pot, you should do fine. The plus is that by the time you can acquire 'proper' tools, you'll know exactly what you want/need and what you don't want. Not everyone uses every tool.

Anonymous said...

I agree with CousinLinda. I think that the only real physical tool you need in the beginning is a journal whether that be online or a book type to write your thoughts, spells, rituals and other ideas in.

Bright Blessings on your journey. If you need someone to bounce ideas off of I'm around. =)

Post a Comment